I am not an expert, just a discerning wine lover or amateur de vin (as the French say), but everyone has a different palate, likes and dislikes so it must be understood that any of my recommendations are personal. I just hope that you find them useful or at the very least - interesting. I also hope you enjoy my photos. It is more fun sharing then keeping them backed up on a hard drive.

Friday, March 4, 2011

A Kacaba Syrah never seems to disappoint!

Kacaba has won many prestigious awards for certain vintages of their Syrah and I have been lucky enough to try a few of them. Last weekend I was lucky again. This time with the 2008 vintage. It may not have the provenance of the 2007 vintage, but has still won Gold, and for the price there is no doubt it is definitely a real winner!


Beautifully deep extracted colour, blackberry, slight vanilla with a hint of pepper and a fresh acid. Gracefully balanced.
KACABA - SYRAH - 2008 - Vineland, Ontario $22.95



No comments:

Post a Comment