I am not an expert, just a discerning wine lover or amateur de vin (as the French say), but everyone has a different palate, likes and dislikes so it must be understood that any of my recommendations are personal. I just hope that you find them useful or at the very least - interesting. I also hope you enjoy my photos. It is more fun sharing then keeping them backed up on a hard drive.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Bold & Complex Rhone

I admit I am a Red Rhone fan. North or South. Whether it be Syrah alone or the famous blends of the South, I just feel happy with the range. Although full-bodied, this wine is beautifully nuanced.

MONTIRIUS GARRIGUES - VACQUEYRAS ,  FRANCE - 2009 - $ 23.95
Sagey-wild-herb on the nose with red plums and a smoked meat, smokiness. The palate is dry, black-cherry- raspberry and a slight savouriness. Velvety and full in the mouth with well-integrated acid and tannins.
30% Syrah, 70% Grenanche

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/details.do?language=EN&itemNumber=108779

Great, detailed notes about the wines:

http://www.montirius.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment