I am not an expert, just a discerning wine lover or amateur de vin (as the French say), but everyone has a different palate, likes and dislikes so it must be understood that any of my recommendations are personal. I just hope that you find them useful or at the very least - interesting. I also hope you enjoy my photos. It is more fun sharing then keeping them backed up on a hard drive.

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Time to start thinking Turkey Wines...

...or in my case Tofurky...regardless, the holidays are fast approaching and I have three beautiful wine suggestions to go with your Christmas meal.

Featherstone Winery - Canadian Oak - Chardonnay - 2009, Niagara, ON - $21.95
I love this wine - it is special because it is fermented with wild yeast & in local oak barrels. It has a rich mouth feel, slight spice & caramel with long citrus fruit finish. Well balanced & complex.

St. Urbans-Hof - Riesling Kabinett - 2009 - Mosel, Germany- $21.95
Such a beautiful wine. Enticing aromatic nose.Complex and rich with but very bright fruit. Long, clean finish!

Akarua - Bannockburn - Pinot Noir - 2009- Central Otago, NZ - $36.95
Delicate red cherry, earth & a touch of spice on the nose. Red fruit palate with wonderful acidity. Very elegant wine.

1 comment:

  1. Nicely written by you guys. Really amazing post. Also visit Dial a Bottle for more information related to the website. Regards

    ReplyDelete