I am not an expert, just a discerning wine lover or amateur de vin (as the French say), but everyone has a different palate, likes and dislikes so it must be understood that any of my recommendations are personal. I just hope that you find them useful or at the very least - interesting. I also hope you enjoy my photos. It is more fun sharing then keeping them backed up on a hard drive.

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sparkling Summer Treat

I think bubbly should not only be for celebrations, or perhaps just more should be celebrated in life?... In previous postings I have listed many Ontario and International alternatives to Champagne. Not that the supreme bubbly itself should be avoided, it is just that not every moment you feel like bubbles does your pocketbook agree with you. I have long been a fan of Cremant de Bourgogne and am now a convert of Cremant D'Alsace. I know you will enjoy this Gold Medal wine...

CHARLES BAUR CRÉMANT D'ALSACE , FRANCE - $ 18.95
Green apple and slight biscuit nose translates on palate. Creamy mouthfeel with lovely lemon finish.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo-ear/lcbo/product/details.do?language=EN&itemNumber=185678

http://www.vinscharlesbaur.fr/gb/boutique/cremant-alsace/cremant-alsace-brut-medaille-or-au-concours-effervescents-du-monde-en-2010-750ml.html

No comments:

Post a Comment